Love of my Life

Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2012

Solitude

Edit: I used to show a Tenhi video at this place but I do not dare maintain it for fear of Prophecy BC's interference, although they have treated me very nicely so far. I hope we'll keep this kind of peace. I still like Tenhi, but would never have bought any of the albums without the unauthorized youtube videos they have now prohibited (as is their right).
--------------------

The Vow of the Unfettered Ones

free
unfettered
shriven
free



dream that what is dreamed will be:
hold eyes clasped shut until they see,
and sing the silent prophecy-
and be
unfettered
shriven
free.


lone
unfriended
bondless
lone -



drink of loss 'til it is done
'til solitude has come and gone,
and silence is communion -



and yet,
unfriended
bondless
lone
[...]


---

The poem is the song/vow of the Unfettered Ones, who feature in "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" by Stephen Donaldson. I've taken it from The Illearth War, but it's bound to come up more frequently.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen