Love of my Life

Mittwoch, 27. August 2014

Nevermore ... too close to home


Monitoring the visits on my blog, I am perfectly aware that many of you are waiting for me to comment on the new album. As yet, I haven't done so, neither here nor over on Colourize Forum.

For one, I am thoroughly disappointed by the dismissal of the strings departement in the Lakaien band. Yes, I know they were only guest musicians, and yes, I also know that a cellist like B.Deutung will probably be expensive. But I so loved the strings. Nevermore, hm? How very fitting.

The other thing that kept me quiet is my distinct uneasiness with some of the lyrics. Yes, I have watched the documentary on youtube and I applaud the idea. Nevertheless, I spent my last two years being in love with a man who although reaching out for me, would tell me the whole story of "Nevermore" whenever I got too close.
He will never fall again, never love again, never weep again, remain in his dungeon, a half-dead zombie, or pretending to be one ... you listen to the song, and you know what I mean. Maybe I will get over all of this and be able to write on the songs, but not yet, I am sorry.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen