Love of my Life

Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2015

Deine Lakaien at Blackfield 2015

It was actually a very nice performance of Deine Lakaien at the Blackfield. I admit to having had reservations about the gig, simply because I remembered so well the unbearable act of the Mer'a Luna 2013, where Mr Veljanov gave vent to all his dislike of Dark Festivals, just barely managing to be polite to his audience whilst kicking around the requisites of the Festival.
I like him, though ;-)



This time, however, everything was fine and they played almost the complete concert of the live act for Crystal Palace, which is so amazingly different from the album. They even mollified me about not having any members of the string departement with them, and for the first time I actually liked Gone in this new interpretation.






Mr Veljanov was up to high spirits and entertained people with sarky comments about love "It really feels like sh... when it's finished" (followed by Over and Done) and "On the other hand, if love doesn't work in your life, you can always try money. That usually does the trick" (opening the way for "Overpaid", which is one of the songs I've always preferred in Live-Performances, and which is truely stunning in this version)





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen